27.10.10

rage against the latrine


Doin' time without rhyme or reason

Surely is a mad season

Feeling lost at what cost (a holo-one)

If I sound caustic it's cuz we lost it

Fist in the air in the land of the free

Between you and me reigns a cut and dried society

Much worse off than simple hypocrisy

We got outright lies and shameless blasphemy

A fucked up system where the rich can kill for free

And the homeless and poor gotta pay to behave

When an ex-superstar macho prick can slice up his wife

And become an underground cult hero for it nearly overnight

Aw yeah, land of the free

Free to be fucked by the likes of he

Who can pull the strings using dollar bills

And flashing rings with that professional smile

All the while hiding the real nature of the beast

He's a killer at least

Trained to remain calm at the embalming

That's why he was a character actor

If you can't see he attacked her I'm afraid you're mistaken

And these are mistakes that I can't be makin'

So I'll cut myself off from this train of thought

Cuz I know where it's leading

And if you think OJ would make a great candidate

Well you're probably right, it's a great fuel, hate

But you won't find me voting

For a man found toting bloody baggage

From the scene of the crime that he committed

And I don't give a fuck that the glove hadn't fitted

What kind of cop's going to plant kid gloves anyhow

You think you can handle the case in a middle of a race war

You say that's not the issue well it ain't justice neitha

In a political hierarchy the individual has no significanse

So remember in November when you step up for the square dance

It's not who you're voting for that really counts

It's how they got you to be there once

Yes, that's all it takes to seal our fate

Conscientious cooperation

wide awake or quite sedate

1 comment:

shaun said...

Although I wrote this piece sixteen years ago, I believe it's underlying message is still relevant.

So I've pulled it from the vault, dusted it off, and presented it here, for your reading pleasure.

It is suitable for open mic performance.